top of page
GBF 1.jpg

GRACE BIBLE FELLOWSHIP CHURCH

1128 Hampden Blvd
Reading, PA
610.375.2333

History:

​

Grace Bible Fellowship began in 1884 under the supervision of W.B. Musselman. The original church was named the Four Day Church and was erected at Tenth and Oley streets. In 1887, the congregation replaced the original building with a new church constructed on the same site. However in 1955, they struggled with space and parking limitations for their growing congregation and decided to relocate. This resulted in a project to build a new church at the corner of Hampden and Marion streets, which is still the location of their congregation today.

​

​

Congregation/ Space:

​

The current building is quite austere with little to no ornamentation or architectural significance. However, the structure is large with two office areas, a large multipurpose room with a kitchen, a children’s fellowship room, an entire preschool, and a large parking lot.


Grace Bible Fellowship shares its building with a Spanish congregation called La Roca and offer bilingual services, ESL classes run by Wisdom 31, bible clubs, and counseling (upon request). These congregations are able to sustain their annual operating budget while having the funds to send students on annual mission trips abroad in order to assist other communities in need.



Programs:

​

The congregations together are able to offer bilingual services, ESL classes run by Wisdom 31, bible clubs, and counseling (upon request). These congregations can sustain their annual operating budget while having the funds to send students on annual mission trips abroad in order to assist other communities in need.

GRACE BIBLE FELLOWSHIP CHURCH GALLERY

A project of Berks County Community Foundation

610-685-2223

237 Court St.

Reading, PA 19601

​

​


©2019 Berks County Community Foundation

bottom of page